1. replace defective ECM (1 reports)
2003 Volkswagen Jetta electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Volkswagen Jetta:

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Sep 262006

Jetta

I have had nothing but problems with my Jetta. It has been serviced by Lindell/Kuhn (Tampa, FL) VW throughout every service interval.

The first two years, I had only interior problems, door locks, door trim separating, door trim and center console surface peeling off, and auto windows scraping. Then at about 49,000 miles, the water pump was defective. I had this serviced at All Pro Imports in Gainesville, FL. Nothing but problems at the dealership (I was out of town on business and had to take it there---warranty). The dealership returned my car to me with parts installed improperly. I then had to pay another dealership $89 to look at the car to tell me that this dealership installed the parts incorrectly. Volkswagen dealerships are owned individually and the Volkswagen Customer Care has no significant say in situations between dealers, so I was charged $89 because Kuhn, in Tampa, and All Pro Imports, in Gainesville, (both VW dealerships) could not work together to make me, the customer, happy. I will NEVER purchase another one of these cars AGAIN... EVER. That is a shame... I really spoke highly of VW for a long time.

Also, Brandon Meyers, a personal acquaintance and fellow alumni was completely incompetent in dealing with this issue. I worked with Brandon, the General Manager at All Pro Imports, while at Florida State University, while working with the Athletic Department. If I were to have ever purchased another Volkswagen vehicle from anyone, it would have been a friend. He cut all ties regarding this possibility... over $89. Pathetic. His customer service and communication throughout the situation was completely full of lies and misleading comments. I felt like I was talking with an immature excuse for a general manager. His comments and suggestions represented his attitude towards customer service. I honestly felt like I was talking with someone who listens to sports radio and mimics some of the loser comments suggested by the habit of listening to uneducated impersonal thugs. COMPLETELY DISSATISFIED.

- , Lakeland, FL, USA