1. car is totaled (1 reports)
  2. replace motor mount and axle (1 reports)
2003 Volkswagen Jetta engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Volkswagen Jetta:

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Jan 302012

Jetta 1.8t

I go to work using the highway. I am glad I was not going fast and far from home. I cannot understand why the motor mount would break and how the the engine dropped to fall on the axle.

- , Richmond, VA, USA

Feb 042006

Jetta LE

while my daughter was driving this car, and there are 2 witnesses to this, the engine and transmission fell out of the car causing the air bag to deploy and knocking out my daughter, causing injuries to her face, chest, and leg.

- , Philadelphia, PA, USA