4.5

2003 Volkswagen Jetta wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Volkswagen Jetta:

2003 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Mar 052005

Jetta 4-cyl

My tire went flat while driving, when I realized what had had happened and found a safe place to pull over about a quarter mile later, by that time the tire had split completely around the entire tire on the outside and the inside. Thank goodness this happened just as I was merging on to the interstate, and I wasn't going very fast at the time. I was told later by the tow truck driver that these low profile tires split like that frequently by just driving a short while on it after it blows. I am very fearful of these tires now.(Goodyear Eagle rs-a 225/45R17. I was told my the manufacturer of my car VW that they didn't warranty tires on there cars. The local Goodyear dealer told me that this tires didn't have a mileage guarntee, that the tires should go 50,000 miles. My car only had 24,000 miles on it. I am very disappointed in VW and Goodyear and these tires. So much for so called performance tires.

- Slidell, LA, USA