8.0

2004 Volkswagen Jetta engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Volkswagen Jetta:

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Jan 012009

Jetta 4 DR SE 1.9L

The hesitation is while i am accelerating up hills doing around 60 to 80 km per hour, while in 3rd and 4th. If i go faster it doesn't happen, but the speed limit does not allow this. I have had the turbo boost cleaned, thinking that it was the VGT actuator sticking. Then the actuator was replaced with a used one. I add a diesel system cleaner to the diesel fuel during fill ups, thinking maybe it's just bad diesel. This has not helped at all. I have had the mass air flow sensor replaced in 2006, as well the jetta got a new turbo in 06 because it completely failed. A scan shows nothing, but my mechanic has driven my car and definitely feels the hesitation. I am getting very frustrated that this problem can not be fixed. I want to sell my car in the fall, but need this problem fixed first.

- , Trail, British Columbia, Canada