2004 Volkswagen Jetta fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Volkswagen Jetta:

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Jun 172005

Jetta 4-cyl Diesel

I own a 2004 VW Jetta tdi. VW has a recall (vy) fo rpossible defective tandem fuel injection pumps which can result in an engine fire. The recall states cars betwen VIN 031216 to 190756 with an unmarked luk pump needs to be replaced. My cars VIN is 166408 which is below the cut off, my car also has the unmarked luk pump. According to VW my car does not need a new pump. I have tried to deal with VW but they keep telling me my car is not effected yet it meets their requirements. It sounds to me that they are not performing up to their stated recall plan.

- Plainfield, IL, USA