1.7

2004 Volkswagen Jetta miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Volkswagen Jetta:

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Dec 142012

Jetta

The sunroof began to leak. Now all of the inside of our car is full of mold and I can't even drive it because I have two children, and I am afraid to expose them to all this mold. When I called a Volkswagen dealership about the issue they said they couldn't do anything about it because it was my responsibility to know about the sunroof recall on this vehicle. We actually didn't find out about the recall until we arrived in the states, we had lived over seas before the leak started and we were never informed about this recall. What can I do" is there anyway that the Volkswagen company help us with this issue especially since there was a lawsuit filed against them on this issue"

- Wahiawa, HI, USA

Jul 012015

Jetta

Just a few weeks ago I noticed that my trunk lock does not latch. When I am driving, the door light is red on on my dashboard. I got out, checked all of my doors and the light was still on. I also put my car in park, turned off the engine and tested all of the doors again by first locking my car. I noticed that my car did not make the little "beep" noise to indicate that the car was locked. I proceeded to test all of the doors and when I got to the trunk, I could open it and it made the car alarm go off. With this situation, anyone can break into my car, steal my stuff, and potentially even steal my car as well.

- Robesonia,, PA, USA