1. replace transmission (2 reports)
2004 Volkswagen Jetta transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Volkswagen Jetta:

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Jun 162009

Jetta GLS 1.8L

I purchased a newer, European made car just to avoid this type of headache. It's ridiculous.

i ended up buying aftermarket performance parts.

- , Buford, GA, USA

May 132009

Jetta Wagon 4 cyl

Volkswagen cars are crap. I live in Portland, OR and have owned 4 cars over a period of 28 years, and on average kept each car except the Volkswagen I owned, for 8 years. I kept the Volkswagen for 5 even though the tape deck and CD changer didn't work anymore, the glove box handle broke off (I did replace that for $150.00 through Dick Hannah Volkswagen in Vancouver, WA). The cable in the driver's side door broke twice and had to be replaced, then the driver's side window could not be rolled down and had to be fixed. Then the front passenger-side window decided not to work. The final blow was the failed transmission last May (2009) at 43,000 miles. Since I needed transportation, I replaced the transmission at a cost of $2600.00 and was so disappointed with expensive problems one after another, that I finally unloaded the vehicle as of the end of July, 2009. My advice, don't buy a Volkswagen unless you enjoy bleeding money!

- , Portland, OR, USA