2.6

2005 Volkswagen Jetta accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Volkswagen Jetta:

2005 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Sep 012008

Jetta

I own a 2005 Volkswagen new Jetta 2.5 which just had an incident of the airbag fault light going on. I took my vehicle to the dealership to be serviced and was informed that I needed to replace the seat belt buckle which was the reason for the light. My car is currently at 58,00 miles and my warranty was only extended to 50,000 miles, leaving me to shoulder the costs of a new seat belt buckle. The seatbelt's inner electrical circuits have burned out, but there are no other defects with the buckle. Because the circuit has burned out, the passenger airbag system is considered unstable and may not function properly during an accident. I feel that in no way should I be held accountable for what appears to be a manufacturer defect regardless of my vehicle's warranty status. After doing research on the internet, I have found that many Volkswagen owners have had this safety issue but strangely Volkswagen has not issued a recall on this defect. Although I cannot find any incidents of accident regarding this defect, I feel that a proactive approach and investigation is better than someone losing their life or loved one from this defect.

- Highland, CA, USA