2007 Volkswagen Jetta drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Volkswagen Jetta:

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Jun 292016

I had issues with the fuel system and air bag light on just started. But dealer carmax did not tell about any recall for the fuel system few years ago. But I just seen that in your system. And car max changed me a lot of money for the fuel system being replace around Feb/2016. So can some please help me with this issues. And wanted to will carmax be able get reimburse for them thanks

- Manchester, GA, USA

Nov 032014

My vehicle has approximately 165K miles. Right at about 120K miles, the transmission started shifting harshly. At times, the transmission would get stuck at 3rd gear, and the transmission indicator panel lights up prnd all at once. This usually happens when driving hills, or stop and go driving. My airbag light is also on constantly. I've had the issue fixed previously, however, the issue has returned. Lastly, my passenger side door does not like all the time. I've tried to remotely and manually lock the door; however, it is not working properly.

- Murrieta, CA, USA

Mar 312015

Automatic transmission slips/jerks/jumps when upshifting and downshifting at low speeds and highway speeds, brought to dealer and had transmission diagnostic conducted, reported no problems and stated they could not duplicate the erratic shifting. Now currently thuds and physically jumps when shifting from 1st to 2nd to 3rd and even 4th to 5th, brought it in again to GMC dealer and they said I would be needing a new transmission at only 110000 miles, advised me to check my car VIN# for valve body recall.

- La Salle, IL, USA

Oct 282014

Jetta 5-cyl

Right side drive shaft and left side drive shaft faulty. Vacuum pump leaking oil bad, and new gasket needed. Left side rear door latch also does not lock posing a threat to safety and leaving possibility for robber, vehicle damage and or bodily harm due to intruder.

- Lasalle, IL, USA

Feb 012011

The contact owns a 2007 Volkswagen Jetta. While parked, the vehicle would independently roll backwards or forward. The contact would have to use the emergency brake to stop the vehicle from rolling. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Grain Valley, MO, USA

Feb 182009

- Moore, OK, USA

Oct 012013

Started experiencing hard shifting in the lower gears (1-3) as described in the extended warranty for the transmission valve body. Unfortunately I am already past this warranty date and had no idea of the problem until it happened, and there is no recall on this. The VW dealership in my area said it is about a $2300 fix.

- Wetumpka, AL, USA

Dec 042013

Jetta 5-cyl

I noticed the engine light went on few weeks ago then the shafts' lights started turning on all at the same time (P-R-N-D). The car was moving and a knocking sound started when the weather gets hot. I took it to couple of car shop services and non was able to demonstrate the problem but rather, they offered to change the whole transmission for +4,500 dollars so that they would work it simply with a good profit! while driving earlier today, there was a very weird sound coming from the engine and I planed to take it to VW services so that they'd take a look at it. Unfortunately, few minutes later the car stopped moving and I had to pull up. I just found out that VW is calling VW Jetta 2006-2009, engine 2.01 for the exact same reason. Though, my car is 2.5 engine but happened to have the exact same problems. I'm towing the car tomorrow morning and I'll take it to VW services and hopefully they will consider this incident for the 2.5L cars also.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Oct 272013

Jetta 4-cyl Diesel

Dsg transmission metronic unit failure.

- Ganby, CT, USA

Aug 102013

Jetta 5-cyl

Was driving on the freeway at about 3 in the afternoon traveling at approximately 60 mph when car stopped accelerating in the middle of on going traffic. Power to vehicle dyed out causing me to stall in the center of a busy freeway. This problem has occurred several other times. I have called Volkswagen but they would not take full responsibility for on going problem.. my vehicle has an extended warranty because of this known problem but yet they will only cover 25% of repair cost.. this vehicle is a hazard.. somebody please address this issue quick before there is a casualty..

- Pomona, CA, USA

Oct 262012

Jetta 5-cyl

Tiptronic transmission failure to defective valve body that should have been covered under extended warranty but denied by VW. Took car in several times during the extended warranty period that I purchased, one time for shifting issues at low speeds. They were unable to duplicate problem and there were no error codes. The extended warranty that I purchased but the extended warranty issued by VW was good for 7 years or 100,000. At approximately 99,500 problem had been getting worse so I took it back to the dealership. I was informed that it still was not throwing an error code but in the master technician's opinion, the transmission had a problem but it was not the fault of the valve body, the covered part. Also, this is a non-serviceable transmission meaning the entire transmission would have to be replaced rather than rebuilding. Took to an independent service center who diagnosed it as a defective valve body (the part covered under the extended warranty). In the process of replacing the defective part, a rebuild kit and torque converter were replaced as part of this process. Submitted the invoices to VW. Received letter that payment for repairs was denied because the invoices that I submitted stated that "the repair performed were to replace the entire transmission and torque converter". not true. Called customer service. Detailed everything I did here. After some checking, the representative "regretted" to inform me that they could not help in covering the costs of the repair. To say that I am frustrated beyond belief is putting it mildly.

- Granbury, TX, USA

Aug 152011

Jetta 5-cyl

Was accelerating onto the expressway during rush hour from full stop at on ramp due to traffic congestion and at around 20 or so mph the car loss power and the RPM quickly increased as if you were pressing the clutch in a manual transmission vehicle, this is a automatic vehicle so the issue was definitely caused by a malfunction somewhere within the driven train or electrical sensors controlling the drive train. Since that time this frightening issue has been increasing in frequency. This is a dangerous issue that needs to be addressed before someone is injured. A basic internet search shows that my case is not unusual for this vehicle.

- Marietta , GA, USA

Apr 192012

Jetta 4-cyl

While driving on a major highway, my VW's dsg transmission started slipping and shifting erratically. The engine rpms would increase to 6000 then drop suddenly to 500. While this was happening, the engine would suddenly reengage, causing the car to surge and buck. The transmission would then slip again, and the engine surging and vehicle bucking cycle would continue. Symptoms of the dsg transmission failure occurring; transmission would slip. Rpms would increase then decrease suddenly and without warning. Engine would engage then disengage causing the vehicle to violently buck, shake, and jerk. The prnds nomenclature would flash rapidly, indicating a fault within the system. The final indication of the severity of the dsg transmission's complete failure was the cars inability to move under throttle. The cars velocity was completely uncontrollable. I am very meticulous about the maintenance of my vehicles. VW requires a fluid and filter change at 40,000 for the dsg. I had mine done at 39,000 this happened on I70 on the border of pa/md. I was able to move the car to the shoulder without loss of life or property. However, had this dsg/transmission failure occurred on 495 in va/md, ( which was my location just 2 hours prior) the results could have been catastrophic. VW is well aware of this issue with its dsg transmission, both domestically and internationally. Note the VIN specific recall in the us for dsg/mechatronic/ temp sensor. However, this issue is widespread. My VIN is not specified in the recall, yet my vehicle has experienced the same issue and failure as that specified in the recall. The failure of my dsg transmission was completely unexpected and without warning. Had I not had the opportunity to pull my car safely to the side of the road, the results could have been severe injury or worse yet, loss of life for me or other drivers.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Jun 252011

Jetta 5-cyl

Stalling on highway, local roads.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA