2.8

2008 Volkswagen Jetta miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Volkswagen Jetta:

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Dec 252015

Jetta

I first started experiencing this problem with the rear passenger door on my VW Jetta in December 2015. The door would not lock using the key remote. I have to manually lock the doors by pushing the key into the driver side door in order to get a beep sound and flashing indicators to confirm that all the doors are locked. I took the car to the VW dealership which cost $480 to fixed one door. About four months after fixing the door, someone broke into the car which I later found out that the driver side rear door lock also failed and wasnT working. The difference this time was, manually using the key would only lock three doors (2 front door and passenger side rear door, which I had fixed prior to the second failure). I took the car to the dealership again and had to pay another $480 to get it fixed. About a months after the second failure, the front passenger side door lock stop working which cost me another $480. Currently, the driver side door lock is not working. I asked the Volkswagen service advisor if Volkswagen is going to or planning on correcting this problem and the answer I got was no, it's not a safety issue. why do car doors lock automatically while driving" could it somewhat be for safety reason? when one of the door lock fails, the car doors are not locked while driving. This is a well-known problem with most of the Volkswagen models. Does Volkswagen cares? could this be dangerous for a child or adult in the back/front seat of a car driving around with unlock doors" please, please IM crying for help!

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Oct 242016

Jetta

Key gets stuck in ignition when turning off the engine.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jun 292011

Jetta

The car had been properly locked; the steering wheel was not turned after parking to activate the wheel lock; on re-entering the locked car, using the correct key, the problem was that the key could not be inserted into the steering column ignition key slot. Nothing had been done to damage the slot; our 2nd key was also used, but it also could not be inserted into the ignition key slot. VW service advised they had only seen the problem once before, and the car had to be towed to the dealer 6 miles away. My reason to consider this a safety matter is that such a problem could have happened at a dangerous time (such as a zero degree day in the middle of nowhere; or a middle of the desert scenario; or when needing to get away fast --- e.g., bringing someone to a hospital). Thanks you.

- Omaha, , NE, USA

May 172010

Jetta 5-cyl

2008 VW Jetta 2.5L engine stalls and epc light illuminates.

- Trinity, TX, USA