CarComplaints.com Notes: Digging through the long list of NHTSA complaints about a sudden loss of engine power and the high pressure fuel pump failing, it's never good to come across the "my car (with a cold engine) set itself on fire in the middle of the night" complaint.

3.3

2011 Volkswagen Jetta seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Volkswagen Jetta:

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Jul 042014

Jetta

My 3 year old son's seatbelt locked around him when he thrust himself forward in his car seat. I attempted to get him out, but he had apparently put the top portion of the seatbelt behind his neck. Any attempt I made to get him out only resulted in the seatbelt tightening more and more. Subsequently, I had to call 911 and medics came to cut him out of the seatbelt.

- St. Louis Park, MN, USA

Jun 012015

Jetta

The contact owns a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta. The contact stated that the driver side seat belt did not latch. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the driver side seat belt needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 45,000.

- Raytown , MO, USA

Jul 042014

Jetta

Driver seat belt latch failure. The driver's seat belt cannot be engaged in the latch, something broke inside the latch mechanism. The seat belt is not functional!!

- Mechanicsville, VA, USA

Jan 062014

Jetta

The driver's side seatbelt has started unraveling significantly along one edge, with the threads separating; this has been going on for several months. The car was purchased new and has about 40,000 miles on it.

- Culpeper, VA, USA

Aug 152011

Jetta

We bought a new car one month ago. Our two priorities were:safety and enough room for our baby. One day I took the car to go with my baby to the doctor's office. I checked the base of the car seat and I noticed that it was loose. I am not strong enough to pull the straps (we were using the "latch on" system) and I tried to use the safety belt (of the middle rear seat). It was impossible to lock up this belt because it does not work like the others. You pull out the belt and will never be locked up. Sometimes you have the feeling that it is locked but, after a double check, it is not. This could be a very serious risk if you place your baby's car seat or a person is setting there. Because, in case of a car accident, the belt will not hold properly the person or the baby's car seat. In both cases the person could be ejected.

- Mooresville, NC, USA