2012 Volkswagen Jetta body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Volkswagen Jetta:

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Feb 112014

Could not open the front passenger door due to frozen ice inside the hinged space between door and fender. Vehicle was taken to northtown Volkswagen in buffalo and they refused to honor any warranty solution. There was a bulletin on this exact issue. Dealer response was that the bulletin was for vehicles up to 2009 and the problem had been rectified so 2012 did not qualify! obviously the problem was not rectified. In opening the door with force, the door sheet metal was was bent in the bottom right corner and needed bodywork totaling $1,000.

- Niagara Falls, NY, USA

Mar 252014

Jetta 5-cyl

Car was only under my possession for one year and seven months... it was leased brand new. 3/25/14-when got into the car to go to work, car would not start. Discovered it had no battery power. Horn stopped working. Previous to this, week before thermostat light was going on and off. Car was at 14,030 miles. Volkswagen roadside assistance came and brought vehicle to nearest service center which is actually where I bought the car. Service center confirmed dead battery. The dealership including the person who sold me the vehicle attempted to charge me $240 for it and considered it "wear and tear like the tires, " until I called Volkswagen customer service number right on the location who confirmed that my battery was covered at 24,000 miles or 2 years whatever came first. Volkswagen service center confirmed that horn was in fact inoperable due to blown fuse and replaced it. I was informed by the service agent that the thermostat light was due to low anti-freeze and it was topped off. In addition I requested I multi-point inspection which they conducted. Shortly after receiving the car back on 3/26/14, I noticed by voltage adapter was not working. I assumed it to be a defective phone charger so I purchased a new one. 4/8/14- I tried to use the new charger for my phone in each of the front and back adapter slots. That is when I realized these was something wrong with my adapters possibly after the replacement of the new battery on 3/25/14. My plan was to contact the service center and schedule a check up and have the adapters checked but unfortunately I never was able to do so. That day I was involved in a car accident where I was unable to turn the steering wheel into the exit and ended up crashing into metal had shut off and. Airbag deployed. Car was ruled as a total loss.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Jun 262013

I was driving North on interstate highway 55 in memphis, Tennessee, (around 9:15am ct on June 26, 2013) towards riverside drive (downtown memphis) when all of the sudden I heard a loud boom/crash sound on the roof of my Volkswagen Jetta (2012, which I owned for 1 week!) and glass shattered and fell all over me and the inside of my car. I was not under an overpass or behind any trucks or cars, so I was completely terrified and did not know what happened. I was crying and shaking and pulled off the highway to S parkway and called 911 to file a report. After speaking with the police, a nearby witness (who happened to work for a car dealer) my boss and my boyfriend, everyone agreed the sunroof had some sort of defect that caused it to shatter/combust/explode. The glass was all sticking straight up and there was no sign of an object in or on the car. My bf brought the car to the VW dealership and they are inspecting it and repairing it while I am in a rental car. I am scared to drive in a car with a sunroof now and do not feel safe. VW drivers beware.

- Memphis, TN, USA