2012 Volkswagen Jetta brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Volkswagen Jetta:

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Mar 252014

Jetta 5-cyl

Car was only under my possession for one year and seven months... it was leased brand new. 3/25/14-when got into the car to go to work, car would not start. Discovered it had no battery power. Horn stopped working. Previous to this, week before thermostat light was going on and off. Car was at 14,030 miles. Volkswagen roadside assistance came and brought vehicle to nearest service center which is actually where I bought the car. Service center confirmed dead battery. The dealership including the person who sold me the vehicle attempted to charge me $240 for it and considered it "wear and tear like the tires, " until I called Volkswagen customer service number right on the location who confirmed that my battery was covered at 24,000 miles or 2 years whatever came first. Volkswagen service center confirmed that horn was in fact inoperable due to blown fuse and replaced it. I was informed by the service agent that the thermostat light was due to low anti-freeze and it was topped off. In addition I requested I multi-point inspection which they conducted. Shortly after receiving the car back on 3/26/14, I noticed by voltage adapter was not working. I assumed it to be a defective phone charger so I purchased a new one. 4/8/14- I tried to use the new charger for my phone in each of the front and back adapter slots. That is when I realized these was something wrong with my adapters possibly after the replacement of the new battery on 3/25/14. My plan was to contact the service center and schedule a check up and have the adapters checked but unfortunately I never was able to do so. That day I was involved in a car accident where I was unable to turn the steering wheel into the exit and ended up crashing into metal had shut off and. Airbag deployed. Car was ruled as a total loss.

- Bronx, NY, USA