Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: VW updated the Jetta's interior and added new features like backup cameras to certain trims. Time will tell if these adjustments start falling apart.

2013 Volkswagen Jetta drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Volkswagen Jetta:

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Apr 192013

Jetta 4-cyl

Jetta hybrid. Loss of traction while ascending steep driveway. Never happened before even with another hybrid.

- Lafayette, CA, USA

Apr 212013

Jetta 5-cyl

A two week old 2013 VW Jetta became stuck in reverse after being in park and then I tried to put it in drive in the middle lane of an extremely busy street in brooklyn, NY. The car would not move from reverse and had to be towed away. I heard from others this is a known defect and I want to know why it is not a registered recall with NHTSA and why I had to experience a life threatening situation for a known defect. I am not sure it will be fixed as it is currently in the VW service center.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Oct 032012

Jetta 5-cyl

Dsg transmission issues: When making a left hand turn across traffic, I coasted up to the light when it was my turn, then I pressed the accelerator and the car had no power. It crossed through the intersection at approximately 1 to 2 mph. It took 5 to 10 seconds for the power to return. It felt like if you are driving a manual transmission and have the car in 4th or 5th gear when trying to start moving. This has happened at quite a few intersections. Also it happened when I was accelerating then had to release the accelerator due to a vehicle slowing in front of me, I re engaged the accelerator and there was no power for 5 to 10 seconds.

- Bay Village, OH, USA

Oct 082012

Jetta 4-cyl Diesel

We just bought a new 2013 Volkswagen Jetta sports wagon with diesel tdi engine and dsg transmission. Driving the car home from the dealer the transmission failed at 110 miles on the odometer. It has been towed to the dealer and they tell me that the mechatronic unit has failed. The symptom of the failure was that the transmission seemed to shift into neutral with no notice and the car had severally reduced power available (less than 10 mph). Research on the internet shows that Volkswagen has had problems with this before. It seems very serious to me to have something like this fail on a brand new vehicle.

- Willis, TX, USA