CarComplaints.com Notes: VW updated the Jetta's interior and added new features like backup cameras to certain trims. Time will tell if these adjustments start falling apart.

2013 Volkswagen Jetta drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Volkswagen Jetta:

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 092013

Jetta 4-cyl

The Jetta was being test driven by qtm from voa with passenger rick nelson, service manager of bob baker Volkswagen VW when getting on the 5 freeway on the las floras on ramp when the car shifted between 3rd and 4th gear the engine missed. The qtm comments on the miss and states that he doesn't think it triggered a full misfire, but then inquired to rick nelson about the tsb that lisa has regarding misfire, tsb 01-13-14. Qtm also experienced and acknowledged loss of power and throttle response at approximately 60 mph while he was driving North on the 5 freeway. The qtm and rick nelson agree to open a vta and the qtm states that he will take it over and put his notes in it. These are the issues that I continue to experience with the car and why I brought the car in for service. The odd thing is that the service invoice generated and given to me stated that there were no issues found during the test drive. The statements on the service invoice are fraudulent and in direct conflict with the statements made by the qtm and service manager during the test drive. I continue to experience the car missing while in sport mode and loss of throttle response while in drive.. the status of the vta and its contents are under investigation. As far as the reputation of the qtm from voa and the dealership and its service department at bob baker VW, I think their fraudulent statements on my service invoice speak for themselves..

- Carlsbad, CA, USA

Jun 122013

Jetta 4-cyl Diesel

My vehicle when entering traffic has a delay of 1-2 seconds when trying to accelerate from a stop. When I am trying to get on/off a highway and that delay happens, the traffic has to slow to keep from hitting me as by the time it happens then surges, it is too late to stop. My speed needle was so inaccurate and bounced so much I got a speeding ticket. It was 14 mph off. They replaced the cluster, but now both the tachometer and speedometer bounce enough to not be sure your speed. Electronic fan stayed on for the entire 90 minutes I was in a coffee shop after driving only 5 miles and had been running ac. Ac when not on full fan will have periods of hot and humid like the system temporarily shuts down, and of course, the car hops and surges at slow speeds in addition as you are decelerating with the foot off the accelerator, it will jerk you down as it shifts down.

- Cheney, WA, USA

Jun 132013

Jetta 5-cyl

Engaging vehicle into first from a stop, would not go, it was stuck in reverse for a minute. Finally went into first after playing with the shifter and getting it unstuck. New car, Volkswagen is pathetic.

- Horizon City , TX, USA

Apr 192013

Jetta 4-cyl

Jetta hybrid. Loss of traction while ascending steep driveway. Never happened before even with another hybrid.

- Lafayette, CA, USA

Apr 212013

Jetta 5-cyl

A two week old 2013 VW Jetta became stuck in reverse after being in park and then I tried to put it in drive in the middle lane of an extremely busy street in brooklyn, NY. The car would not move from reverse and had to be towed away. I heard from others this is a known defect and I want to know why it is not a registered recall with NHTSA and why I had to experience a life threatening situation for a known defect. I am not sure it will be fixed as it is currently in the VW service center.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Oct 032012

Jetta 5-cyl

Dsg transmission issues: When making a left hand turn across traffic, I coasted up to the light when it was my turn, then I pressed the accelerator and the car had no power. It crossed through the intersection at approximately 1 to 2 mph. It took 5 to 10 seconds for the power to return. It felt like if you are driving a manual transmission and have the car in 4th or 5th gear when trying to start moving. This has happened at quite a few intersections. Also it happened when I was accelerating then had to release the accelerator due to a vehicle slowing in front of me, I re engaged the accelerator and there was no power for 5 to 10 seconds.

- Bay Village, OH, USA

Oct 082012

Jetta 4-cyl Diesel

We just bought a new 2013 Volkswagen Jetta sports wagon with diesel tdi engine and dsg transmission. Driving the car home from the dealer the transmission failed at 110 miles on the odometer. It has been towed to the dealer and they tell me that the mechatronic unit has failed. The symptom of the failure was that the transmission seemed to shift into neutral with no notice and the car had severally reduced power available (less than 10 mph). Research on the internet shows that Volkswagen has had problems with this before. It seems very serious to me to have something like this fail on a brand new vehicle.

- Willis, TX, USA