Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: VW updated the Jetta's interior and added new features like backup cameras to certain trims. Time will tell if these adjustments start falling apart.

2013 Volkswagen Jetta suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Volkswagen Jetta:

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Sep 112015

Fter a one-year assessment of the new sagitar, china's quality watchdog on Friday urged faw-Volkswagen to accelerate its recall to fix a flaw in the rear china identified as defect, the United States?

- 0000, AL, USA

Jun 022015

The contact owns a 2013 Volkswagen Jetta. The contact stated that the vehicle pulled to the left. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was determined that the subframe had been moved out of specification because the contact struck a pothole. The dealer stated that this needed to be repaired before the alignment could be performed. The manufacturer stated that the subframe was damaged by an outside influence and would not be covered. The vehicle would need a front end alignment every time it struck a pothole. The manufacturer stated that is how the subframe was designed. The contact felt this was a manufacturer defect. The vehicle had not been repaired. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- East Orange, NJ, USA

Nov 132014

As I was driving I started to hear a knocking noise in the from the rear of the vehicle. After about 20 mins it became worse. I pulled into a parking lot and got out to investigate, everything seemed normal. I then continued to drive around the parking lot. The knocking noise grew louder and then there was a metal breaking noise and the car dropped and the wheel was almost off the car. I looked under the car and the structural steel of the driverside rear trailing arm was snapped in half! this was out of nowhere and thank god I was not going 65mph on the highway!

- Poughquag, NY, USA

Oct 262014

Jetta 5-cyl

Upon entering my driveway, my driver side axle trailing arm completely snapped. Car has a clean title, bought it from a dealer used with 9K miles on it. I just found out about the global recall and contacted VW directly, the incident and campaign are so new they don't have everything in place to respond. My feeling is there is a manufacturer defect in the metal used & I find it absurd that anyone would have to wait for a side or rear collision to get this part inspected/replaced. I think any client of VW that has a car listed needs to be taken seriously in this campaign - if the trailing arm/axle would have snapped while I was at speed it could have been devastating not only to me, my family but anyone on the road... I'm continuing to talk to VW because my concern is the metal....and what are the replacement parts made of & when were they made?? I don't intend on paying one cent for this repair & will hold VW responsible 100% for this or any future issues resulting from their defective part/process....updated 11/06/14 updated 7/27/2015

- Agoura Hills, CA, USA