2014 Volkswagen Jetta brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Volkswagen Jetta:

2014 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Feb 142015

We drove our 2014 V/w Jetta to grocery store and vehicle was parked in the parking lot while my husband was sitting in it waiting for me to return no more than 20 minutes the vehicle engine light came on and begin flashing and turned off and would not turn back on. We called aaa for towing and an extra battery but the batter was working fine. Almost 2 hours later waiting for 2nd tow truck to come and tow the vehicle, it turned over and we managed to drive 2 miles home and the car started one more time and has not turned back on since. We had vehicle towed to the dealer and the dealer says it is engine problem and we have to pay $396 to pay for repair. We have had this brand new vehicle for 9 months and it has burned my husband back and now it doesn't work.....

- San Tan Valley, AZ, USA

Jun 142014

Jetta 4-cyl

June 2014 I brought my 2014 Jetta SE to the dealership to have it looked at B/C the airbag light came on & other lights.they had my car for a 1.5 weeks & claimed they were waiting on a new clock spring, finally after me getting agitated they fixed it, the car at the time only had 2000 miles on it.I was told by the service department it was just a electrical glitch and it's been fixed.then August 19,2014, the traction control, tire pressure, etc lights came on when I was backing down my driveway, I emailed the service tech asking if I needed air in my tires he said no to then turn the car off and turn it on, that should resolve the problem.he then said if it happens again to drop the car off at the dealership.September 3,2014 the lights came back on and this time I demanded to bring my car breaks were squeaking, all the lights from before where on & the back tires were making squealing noises, it only had 3750 miles on it.they had my car again over a week and came back with excuses, they said they were waiting for VW to give them the software update, they have 5 other cars that have also been waiting for the update.after me yelling and emailing everyone & going there myself to demand my car.they say VW hasn't release the update but they will dial it into my car.this is a serious safety concern and they are sitting on the fix.I then took my car to another dealership, meanwhile they deleted the error code so the traction etc lights are off.the other dealership said they couldn't give me a loaner car B/C VW wouldn't reimburse them unless the car gave them an error.I told them to call VW and get the error, they told me they couldn't. I would need to drive the car until the lights came back on and they could get an error code from the car.meanwhile a week later I'm still trying to find a dealership in atlanta with a loaner car & can fix my defective car.

- Atlanta, GA, USA