7.8

2015 Volkswagen Jetta miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Volkswagen Jetta:

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Sep 272016

Jetta

Just seconds after the epc light came on (I didn't know what it meant) my brakes went out. The brake pedal was stiff and my car had no response in slowing down. Luckily I had been in a position where there was time and space to react and to slow down using the E brake. Just minutes earlier I had been on the highway, as well as in some city traffic - if I lost my brakes at any other moment things could have been deadly. VW ended up swapping out the entire engine. The camshaft had broken in half. I was told by the technician that this was related to some sort of recall issue they had in the past, but I don't know anything more than that. I'm very troubled that a less than 2-year-old car with 16K miles on it can have such a sudden and serious malfunction. Please advise and ensure this does not happen to anyone else. Oh and to make things worse, I was on my honeymoon...

- Needham, MA, USA

Sep 022015

Jetta

The contact owns a 2015 Volkswagen Jetta. The contact stated that the manufacturer's misrepresentation of the emission results affected the value of her vehicle. As a result, no one wanted to buy the vehicle. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The VIN was not provided. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Weston, MA, USA

Dec 012014

Jetta

VW dealer and mechanic admits to driving my car and verifying in person while driving that my car tires are shaking due to the suspension of the car and I should put luggage in the trunk to help smooth the ride or go with a larger wheel size.. I feel very unsafe with family in my car. Electrical issue is a fuse keeps burning out due to an improper ground from both power plugs front and back seat. While driving the passenger door opened by itself while both hands were on the steering wheel.

- Middleburg, FL, USA