4.5

2015 Volkswagen Jetta steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Volkswagen Jetta:

2015 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Oct 132016

Jetta

I had my incedant on the free way, last night, still kind of shooken up. My tires blew on a speed limmit mph ran through pavement defect causing the air bag censor has been triggered witch should of deployed the bags to save me from possible injery my be death, thank god it was ok no one or auto was involved..

- Sylmar, CA, USA

Dec 192015

Jetta

I bought my car in July 2015, new, from larry roesch dealer in Chicago, after waiting 8 hours in the waiting room for them to "clean my car in the back shop"- while several other customers came and went with their new cars. After only a few thousand miles on my car, it needed to have a quart and half oil added to it and the oil light came on. I took it into the dealer and they said it was "normal". after I called the manufacturer to request a letter stating my car was clear and did not have any recall issues, I was told the letter could not be issued because there was, indeed, a recall issue which had to do with the camshaft. I was told this issue did not have a fix for it and would not have one until March 2016. I requested a letter stating it would be safe to drive the car with my children and family, but VW said they were not able to give such a letter stating that the model of the car was "safe to drive". I told them I was not comfortable driving a car that could potentially shut off while driving on the highway and causing injury or death to my family-- at that point, VW agreed to tow my car and to replace the camshaft (even though I was initially told by VW that the camshaft replacement would cause the very same issue). I received the VW Jetta SE 1.8T back from pugi dealers last Thursday and was told there should not be any other problems. Today, I drove half mile from my home to the laundry and when I returned to my car, the car would not start, the light indicator for "steering malfunction and engine issues" came on. I called VW and they have towed the car to pugi dealership, yet again, and I do not have a car - once again- to take my children to school and work, etc. There is a very obvious and serious issue with my car. It is not something to play with people's lives over, since VW told me it cannot be fixed and could potentially cause a crash.

- Villa Park, IL, USA