2.6

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid:

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid Owner Comments

May 112016

Jetta Hybrid

I'm really frustrated here with Volkswagen it seems like every since the beginning of the year January the car's been in the shop more than I've been at the doctor. At first it was the water pump for the turbo they had to be replaced then two weeks after I got that repaired it was the brake sensor then a week after that it was the vacuum pump for the brakes, and the work doesn't stop from there it seems like from there I had to get a repair kit it's a seal that goes between the transmission and the engine including the dual clutch for the hybrid and engine transmission. As of today May 13th 2016 I was just told that Volkswagen is going ahead and replace the entire complete transmission because the same error code came up from the last repairs that were done there's been roughly around $12,000 repairs either paid by the insurance extended warranty or Volkswagen. I've paid out of pocket roughly around $500 plus rental insurance that I had to get because of get another car to move around. I have filed several complaints with Volkswagen of America to have the car replaced buy them and they continue to deny left and right saying that I should be going through the warranty repairs. It seems like no matter what repairs are done to have the transmission repaired and 4000 miles later the same problem occurs there's definitely a safety concern there in the safety concern is that I can't drive far enough or take a small little vacation with the family without having some type of concerned if my vehicles in it died in the middle of the road.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Mar 172016

Jetta Hybrid

We own a VW Jetta hybrid have approx. 70K miles. VW has advised we need to replace a mechatron unit to the cost of approx. $2000. Have been reading that there are massive issues with this part and that this should be a recall. Please advise.

- Wantagh, NY, USA

Jan 062015

Jetta Hybrid

I was driving on a 2 lane street when the check hybrid flashed on my dash. The car still continued to drive normal on engine power but would no longer switch into hybrid mode. I took the car to the dealer the next day and was told that the clutch that switches the electric motor to the transmission was bad and the whole transmission needed to be replaced. I found that odd because the transmission ran fine when running on the gas engine only. The dealer also stated that the repair would not be under warranty because my car has 73000 miles and the powertrain coverage ends at 60000. I stated that I thought it should be covered under the hybrid warranty which is 100000 miles. Also because it was the check hybrid warning light that came on and not the check engine. To no avail the dealer would not budge. The car is at the waiting on a new transmission to arrive. I find the whole situation ironic that the whole transmission needed to be replace and it is not covered given the recall that was issued about the contaminated transmission fluid. (recall was done) and the fact that I received a letter from Volkswagen with updated maintenance information about the transmission fluid and filter change intervals just 4 weeks before the problem occurred.

- Selden, NY, USA

Oct 292015

Jetta Hybrid

At 45 miles per hour on a four lane street the engine turned off. The car continued to function on lithium ion battery with epc and battery icons lit, until the charge went to zero and all electrical functions including gauges ceased. The car was dead but rolling. I had a quarter mile with no traffic in front of me to stop, luckily I did 15 feet before a red light at an intersection. After missing two lights I was able to restart and drive with diminished performance (little power) to my dealership that was 1 mile away. This is not how my service invoice was written up. In writing they put "stalled at light". I am attaching an email from the service manager stating that no problems could be found.

- Sewell, NJ, USA