8.0

$6,000.00

1. don't buy a Passat (1 reports)
1998 Volkswagen Passat miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Volkswagen Passat:

1998 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Nov 192001

Passat

These cars are notorious for their electrical failures and mechanical failures, and they only came with a 2 year/24K mile warranty, so you paid every step of the way after the first year. basically, I'm on my 4th year in this lemon, with $6000 of repairs behind me for various engine and mechanical problems, let alone the wasted time, which is the worst part

Irony is, I bought this car because my last one gave me engine trouble (A Mazda) but NOTHING has cost me like this car. I'm now staring a defective thorttle body and another $1500 in the face....and it's not worth it. DON"T EVER BUY A VW.....

THESE CARS SUCK!!!!! TELL A FRIEND