5.9

1998 Volkswagen Passat miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Volkswagen Passat:

1998 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Jun 112002

Passat

My name is lorenzo E. johnson, I am in the United States navy station in stuttgart, germany. I am in the process of purchasing a 1998 VW Passat from military sales, in mannaheim, germany. I have advised them of recall list before purchasing to take the vehicle to the nearest VW dealership to fix the problem. From reading information from the past owners, they experienced many problems. Since, I am stationed in germany could I take my 1998 Passat to germany VW dealership in stuttgart to replace all recall parts? I do believe replacement of recalled part. I still have my 1986 jetta gl today from your past information. However, here's the information: No safety defect mentioned. ***dimsii IVOQ entry posted after 12-12-02 cut over to artemis***763021

- Apo Ae, NY, USA

Aug 072002

Passat

Consumer states air radio is in locked out safety mode. Remote key is inoperative.

- Bahrain, 00, USA

Feb 282000

Passat

Car owner has called 3 dealers and volkswagan constantly since October 99.no safety defect listed in summary.

- Haverhill, MA, USA