6.0

2000 Volkswagen Passat AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Volkswagen Passat:

2000 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Dec 082006

Passat

Heater was very weak, would only provide warm air for the first 10 - 20 seconds then would blow cold air.

Technician at dealership replaced thermostat and still no heat. He unclogged water pump and supposedly I was told that the heater was working which it was when I picked the car up.

A few weeks later with the temperature getting colder, I proceeded to turn on the heater the first time since it was supposedly fixed. Same scenario very little heat at first followed by cold air.

Returned to dealer. Technician bled the heater core and this seemed to get the heater working. However when I went to pick my car the customer service rep. couldn't guarantee the the heater would continue to work.

Again heater is not working properly. The next step is to invest approximately $1200 to replace the heater core. (10 hrs labor - $990.00 and $200.00 for the part which is not in stock)

Have to decide whether I want to invest this money. I've just spent almost $1000 for the 80,000 mile service check.

- , Roslindale, MA, USA