6.0

2000 Volkswagen Passat engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Volkswagen Passat:

2000 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Mar 302015

Passat ES 2.0L Turbo

wont start then will start then wont. turns over fine

WTF is wrong with my car? It's a lottery ever time I go to start it. Will I get to go home from school or the store, or at the gas station, Or do I have to sit for a half hour, hour, OR MORE until the thing decides to start. Perhaps the GM of Volkswagen would like to spend a day with me playing the lottery. Is there a petition I can sign with any other VW owners to get this common problem fixed, because I'm not buying a $2000 steering column which seems to be the culprit. VW needs to fix this common problem regardless of the warranty. Whats next? Someone have any other advice or input?

- , POULSBO, WA, USA