1.5

2001 Volkswagen Passat brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volkswagen Passat:

2001 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Sep 222016

ABS control module fault

- Columbus, OH, USA

Jun 202014

Passat

I was driving on I-95 at approx. 78 mph when the car suddenly says stop! brake failure! see Volkswagen service. In my research on the issue, I've found this happens on almost all 1998-2001 VW Passats and Audi A-4S. This needs to be addressed.

- Ashland, VA, USA

Oct 112013

Passat

ABS module is out, can't get emissions passed unless I pay over 600 dollars. Also I don't have ABS, can't see if my check engine light means anything because I'm told it all gets re routed thorough the ABS module and can't get past that problem.

- Austin, TX, USA

Mar 032013

Passat 6-cyl

Sending this E-mail to complain about the ABS module on my 2001 Volkswagen Passat they are no reason why it should be out, I believe its a defective part, should last longer other people I talk with say they have been thru the same problem. I believe Volkswagen need to have a recall on this ABS module.

- Katy, TX, USA

Jul 102012

Passat 4-cyl

Anti-lock braking system (ABS) module failure which causes permanent loss of anti-lock braking system.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Dec 272011

Passat 6-cyl

Anti-lock brake control module failed causing "stop", and other lights to come on and stay on.

- Moon Twp, PA, USA