2. replace cv boot (1 reports)
2003 Volkswagen Passat drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Volkswagen Passat:

2003 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Jan 152006

Passat GLX 1.8L Turbo

This has happened three times since I have owned the Passat---both front CV boots have torn. The last time I just bought a boot kit and replaced the boot myself at a cost of $40.00 each. I think that the car turns too sharply and tears the boot in the process when you turn the steering wheel all the way in either direction. This is a pain in the ASS!

- , Canton, GA, USA

Oct 092008

Passat 1.8t

My 2003 VW Passat is sitting in the garage with torn cv boots on both the left and right front axle and an oil sludge problem. I understand that things go wrong with cars but I have never had a vehicle with as many problems as this piece of junk!!! I have had 2 different estimates (both from vw dealerships) for different amounts and both recommended different solutions to the same problem. I can't wait to get rid of this car and never do business with vw again.

- , Buffalo, MN, USA