1. fixed under warranty (3 reports)
2003 Volkswagen Passat fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Volkswagen Passat:

2003 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Oct 142009

the fuel pump and a few other minor things happened at this point. this is when the fun began..after 20,000 miles...

- , Reading, PA, USA

May 142007

Passat GLX 2.8L V6

My car totally shut down on a major interstate without any warning. I all of a sudden lost all power and had to coast to the side of the road. I was so lucky because this is a 3 line road that has trucks flying by at 70+ miles an hour. I had to be towed to a local repair shop and the next day towed again from there to the dealer. There the problem was diagnosed as premature failure of the brushes in the fuel pump. The problem was corrected and within 2 weeks I received a notice of a recall on my car for the same exact problem. I contacted the dealer and was told that the replacement part they used was safe and I didn't need to take any action regarding the recall. On my latest service visit to have my prematurely worn out rear brakes replaced, I was told that I had to bring the car back to have a new fuel pump installed because under the recall they have to use a specific version/stock number of the part and the one that they already installed in my vehicle did not qualify. The dealership has been very good and I have no complaints with them, however, I am really disappointed in the quality of the car, especially considering the amount of money I paid for it.

- , Woodlyn, PA, USA

Sep 042005

46,000 miles fuel pump failure, replaced under warranty. Car broke down on road.

- , Tuscaloosa, AL, USA