2. replaced regulator (2 reports)
2003 Volkswagen Passat windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Volkswagen Passat:

2003 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Jul 112010

Passat LX V6

The back window right window stopped working. At first it wouldn't go down and then it seemed to fall of the track and not go up. I took to my mechanic and the issue was fixed.

- , Dumont, NJ, USA

Jan 132004

Passat GLX 1.8L Turbo

Rear window pin has broken four times on the same window on our Passat. Three time covered under warranty. This last time I just glued the window shut since I will have to pay for it and we do not hardly ever use that window.

- , Canton, GA, USA

Jul 082008

Passat GL 4cl 1.8L Turbo

So...after having issues with: 1. engine failure due to sludge 2.heater stopped working 3.handle on glove compartment broken 4.overall cheap build on car

I now have a car with 4 doors and only 1 working power window. Thankfully it is the driver's window, but the problem is just so past annoying that now I'm considering just selling the car and never getting a VW again. First, the rear passenger windows would get stuck when the power butting was pressed, finally it stopped responding and now slowly falls about an inch a week (by itself) then the same thing occurred with the rear driver side window. Now the front passenger's window is the same.....

Imagine driving down a freeway with 3 windows all sliding down millimeters a day and the whistling sound drowning conversations between people riding the car. I have to regularly pull the windows up with my hands until I get a nice seal, only for them to fall down again days later.

- , Dfe, TX, USA

Jul 102008

Passat GL

My back window would not go down when I used any of the buttons. Then, it would fall down several inches any old time it wanted to.

I am just wondering if this is something VW should recall? Has anyone else had this happen? It happened after warranty, of course.

- , St Louis, MO, USA

May 012007

Passat Turbo

Do you know how hard it is to have two little ones in the back seat and only one window goes down?? It is a big pain! It isn't fair, she has her window down. Come on VW, you have had this problem forever!! FIX IT!

- , Mechanicsburg, PA, USA