2006 Volkswagen Passat miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Volkswagen Passat:

2006 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Jun 222016

Passat

Bad ignition coils and misfires. Cam follower and camshaft wear problems. Diverter valve (dv) failure. High pressure fuel pump (hpfp). Carbon build up and cold start misfires. Intake manifold runner control (imrc) motor. Timing chain, chain adjuster and tensioner. VW and Audi fuel pump control module. PCV valve failure.

- Lutz, FL, USA

Mar 042014

Passat

Horn and airbag had suddenly stopped working after having the car for only 7 years. Was thinking it might have been a problem with the fuse, but sadly no. Sometimes the horn suddenly bursts to life in short sessions, but only when the vehicle has just turned on, rarely is it heard. Also, the turbo seems to take much longer than usual to reach the next gear, (again, this seldomly only happens when the vehicle has just started)

- Pickerington, OH, USA

Nov 052010

Passat

CRV boot--I had my left front CRV boot replaced 12/2010. Dealership says I need front right and two rear CRV boots replaced 10/2011. I drive 14 miles rt to work-no rough terrain-with only 42000-48000 I need all replaced-doesn't seem right and $200 per boot. I purchased this vehicle new.

- Salem, WI, USA

May 252010

Passat

2006 VW Passat bought 14 months ago in shop 3 times, thermostat fixed my expense, coils replaced VW expense, car has 90000 miles and am being told camshaft needs replacing along with fuel pump - noticed numerous complaints online with the same issue. P2293 code on and off for 3 months VW is no help except for pay for repairs.

- Tyrone, GA, USA

Apr 132007

Passat

07/19/2006: Purchased a brand new 2006 Volkswagen Passat 04/13/2007: Radio will not eject cd- the stereo system had to be replaced due to faulty radio 12/06/2007: Car will not start called tow company, upon arrival checked battery and it was not the problem; tow company could not get the car to start; car was towed to lasher Volkswagen 12/14/2007: Car will not start again, same issue as before on 12/06/2007; called the tow company and had it towed to lasher dealership; after numerous calls back and forth, VW dealership and manufacturer cannot figure out the problem nor have they fixed the vehicle yet 01/12/08: Picked up the vehicle from lasher VW seemed to work okay 01/14/08: While driving home from work, door locks began to unlock and lock by themselves and while driving on the freeway; also, suddenly light indicators (blinkers) did not work, high beams did not work, windshield wipers did not work, steering wheel indicator light came on, tire pressure light came on, cruise control light came on; this was an extremely dangerous situation 01/17/08: While driving to berkeley, on the freeway, the blinkers stopped working, and could not get the windshield wipers to work; locks began to lock and unlock while driving; telephone call again, to lasher VW to express great concern and worried about being stranded; was told to bring it in on Friday 01/1/08 at 7:30 am; once we arrived in berkeley, we parked the car and turned off the ignition the radio was still on and the headlights did not shut off; we started up the car again and the same thing happened; when locking the car with the alarm, the doors locked but the alarm did not turn on; lights remained on for about 20 minutes, fearing that the battery would run low and we would be stranded 08/05/09: Took the car to elk grove VW and told that warranty will not cover any of the repairs 10/24/09-12/14/09: The car has not been able to start since 10/23/09 and sitting in our garage & now at neillo VW.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Oct 012008

Passat

Gosh where do I start VW Passat 51000 miles alot of things went wrong.. car starter volks came out causing the starter to break my trunk doesn't close pops open in the middle of road/freeway causing me to loose thing from my trunk extremely dangerous in the freeway my steering wheel lock is defected does not lock I have called numerous of VW dealer ships and they want to charge me cause its warranty expired and for steering lock I went before warranty and they want to charge me 90 dollars I don't have that kind of money lying around I have car payment. Ins ect... im scared if something was to happened while me driving with my kids.

- Spring Valley, CA, USA