9.6

2006 Volkswagen Passat seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Volkswagen Passat:

2006 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Jun 122008

Passat

Air bag fault light keeps coming on. This is the fourth time it has come on. First came on 10/2006 dealer replaced malfunctioning R/front side airbag, connecters to harness were faulty as well. 1/2008 came on again, dealer repaired faulty wiring for passenger side. 5/2008 came on again, dealer dio found upper limit exceeded drivers side unit, faulty electrical wiring again. 6/2008 air bag light on again, dealer inspection found wires for drivers side front crash sensor faulty/poor contact. 6/2008 to present my airbag light is on again, have not taken it in yet cause I'm quite annoyed. Something is wrong with the whole airbag system and I pray to god that if I do have an accident all of my airbags will deploy but with all the repairs done I don't think they will. I would appreciate your help

- Greenwood, IN, USA