2006 Volkswagen Passat transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Volkswagen Passat:

2006 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Jan 042006

Passat 4-cyl

I leased a 2006 VW 2.0 on Jan 4, 2006, and it has been a choir. The engine light came on after 3 months, the car bucks as if I am riding a donkey, lunging very unsafe to the point of almost causing whiplash - with no rhyme or reason. I have taken the car to the dealer in braintree, MA several times - unable to duplicate problem. On Jan 4, 2007 a year later I took the car in to be service - I was told that it went out for a test drive - again unable to duplicate problem - as soon as I hit the highway the car started jerking (so much for the test drive) 2nd VW with throttle problems I will never purchase or recommend VW to anyone.

- Boston, MA, USA