2008 Volkswagen Passat wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Volkswagen Passat:

2008 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Sep 172012

Passat 4-cyl

I purchased tires for my 2008 VW Passat turbo 4 door sedan. I selected four cooper CS4 touring tires. I bought them about a month ago, September 17, 2012. Almost immediately after the installation of the cooper tires, I noticed a pulsating noise when the steering wheel is turned either left or right; the noise frequency is a function of speed. So, two days later, I brought the car back to the dealer. A mechanic checked the tires, wheels, and mounting; he could find nothing obviously wrong. So, I took the mechanic for a ride. He heard the noise, and told me that it would disappear after the tires were broken in or worn in. The noise has seemed to increase of late. I am concerned that the tires may be defective. What do you think?

- Sd, SD, USA