6.4

2010 Volkswagen Passat seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Volkswagen Passat:

2010 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Aug 152016

Passat

Takata recall I have recently bought this vehicle (3 months ago) & am concerned that in the event of a collusion, if the airbags are deployed that I or one of my passengers could be seriously injured or killed. I spoke to a representative from Volkswagen today that advised that the issue is typically for concern in cars 6 years & older, of which mine is over 6 years old now. I bought the vehicle believing that the manufacturers would not allow me to drive a car they manufactured that could potentially have such serious consequences in the event of an accident. I fail to understand that a company can have a known issue with such devastating consequences & yet they cannot facilitate the repairs in a reasonable time & worst still not give their customers a date as to when the repair could be done. I understand that I have a case for litigation if I am injured but I would have to live with the consequences of those injuries or death & no amount of money could give me the peace of mind I expected to have when buying a Volkswagen vehicle.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Apr 252016

Passat

Vehicle has 32,000 miles and airbag light is on. Horn does not work so the vehicle was taken in for the clock spring recall. Horn works but airbag light is still on. Dealer recommends replacing the "passenger occupant detection system" at an estimated cost of $3,000. Called VW customer care and opened a case with them, but because of the time (not mileage) they refuse to offer any assistance with this issue. This is a serious safety issue and should not occur having owned the vehicle 5 years and driven it 32,000 miles.

- Laurel, MD, USA

Oct 272016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Volkswagen Passat. The contact found out the vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags) soon after the vehicle was purchased. The manufacturer stated that they did not provide rental vehicles. The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Castle Rock, CO, USA

Apr 012016

Passat

Takata recall- 69M9 driver frontal airbag Volkswagen has still provided no solution, and we continue to drive an unsafe car. The first notice was in April 2016, and no follow-up has been sent. There hasn't been an incident with our car, but we feel VW has gone way past their due date on taking action.

- Columbia, MD, USA

Oct 032016

Passat

Volkswagen issued a recall notice in early 2016. On October 3,2016; dealer repair invoice states "no recalls exist for this vehicle at this time." Why the discrepancy, and why the delay in getting the recall repair made? nalley Volkswagen, alpharetta,

- Marietta, GA, USA

Sep 182016

Passat

Takata recall-excessive delay processing recall

- Bend, OR, USA

Aug 232016

Passat

This is ridiculous, we received a letter in February for the takada airbag recall and there is still no remedy to fix it?!! this is the most laziest thing I have ever seen! why has nothing been able to be fixed on it! we drive this car every day and what will happen if we get into an accident and we lose our eye, our paralyzed, or die! you will never see a paycheck again!

- Royal Palm Beach, FL, USA

Feb 262016

Passat

Takata air bag recall- I have been calling every 60 days since initial recall announcement came out in Feb 2016 and have been told VW does not have the parts from takata yet and they have no idea when they will. They say it could be a month and it could be 2 years or more, they don't know. I called as recently as today and spoke to tracy in service department of my local brandon VW dealer. I have also been told that VW will not give nor reimburse for a rental and I get told time and time again "this is not a VW issue is a takata issue". I'm concerned for the safety of me and my family. What else can I do besides have my family sue after (god forbid) something happens to me.

- Valrico, FL, USA

May 142016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Rillton, PA, USA

Apr 012016

Passat

The contact owns a 2010 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Franklin Park, IL, USA

Apr 252016

Passat

Pods - when I went to get the wheel clock spring recall repair, I still had a airbag error lit - mechanic said it was a faulty passenger occupant device system switch. I only have 32K miles on my car and I very rarely have anyone ride in the passenger seat, so not sure why it failed - was quoted a price of 3K for the part. Jetta and golf models have a recall for this, but not the Passat - if it is a safety issue for those models, it should be one for the Passat as well.

- Laurel, MD, USA

Jan 172015

Passat

The contact owns a 2010 Volkswagen Passat. The contact stated that when reversing and turning the steering wheel, there was a loud abnormal noise and the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who replaced the spiral cable. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 71,000.

- San Ramon, CA, USA