2013 Volkswagen Passat accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Volkswagen Passat:

2013 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Aug 282014

Passat 5-cyl

Company is claiming that an outside influence of a spill on passenger seat has caused the air bag fault that disables the airbag.

- Murfreesboro, TN, USA

Mar 242013

I purchased the VW Passat in December 2012. I noticed within the first week the slow response of the navigation but I thought maybe because of the cold weather. I live in Michigan. When spring came around I still saw the slow response and it was agitating me. I put the car in reverse and back out of my drive way and the camera still doesn't come on till after. At the same time my seat was squeaking. I took it to the dealer and they said the seat is fine and they will ask about the navi unit. At one point the navi restarted while I was driving. I took it back to the dealer and showed them how slow it responds and they got approval to replace it. I also showed them the seat they looked and saw that it was cracked. How can a seat crack? the second navi unit had the same response time. It also restarted while I was driving. I took it to the dealer and they called VW and the technician on the phone told them that the sd card I am using for my music is to large of memory probably that's why its slow. Now I am an engineer and that is just absurd. I called VW and they said I cant talk to a technical expert they will have to call the dealer ship. Have not heard anything and the dealer has not as well. I then moved all my music to the internal hard drive and took it to the dealer and they said will call them and explain to them what is happening. The music is not the problem even with out any music the unit is very lagging. If the navigation unit boot up is slow that is fine. What is the purpose of the camera if I can back out of my drive way or any parking spot start to drive then see the camera. Now sometimes it works but most of the time the unit takes close to a minute or so to boot up. Also the new seat they put in is beginning to squeak again.

- Dearborn, MI, USA