2013 Volkswagen Passat brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Volkswagen Passat:

2013 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Apr 152016

Bought car from atlanta luxury motors of union city Georgia and they say they can sell car with recalls if there is no fix status.the air bags sound as if they want to jump out.

- Fairburn, GA, USA

Feb 022015

This is my third complaint about this vehicle. During the August flooding, while driving home from work and passing through some water piles my car lost the bottom engine cover, lower grill broke, got them replaced no problem. Winter comes and when it gets cold front door freezes shut, remote start barely works only when it wants too. Also no problem. We got out first winter storm thank god I had put new tires before this. However driving home some areas had a bit of snow first I get stuck and cant turn off traction control. Then my lower grill breaks again. Is the grill made out of water bottle plastic. If every time there is a storm I need to spend 250 dollars on a lower grill that is just a wonderful car expense. You try and trade in the car and the value just dropped. This is my first and last VW. Horrible quality that a bumper can't with stand some accumulation of snow. I will file a complaint with VW as well, lets hope they do something about it. Plus they still did not correct the navigation and bluetooth issue.

- Dearborn, MI, USA

Dec 102014

Passat 4WD 4-cyl

I feel there is a safety issue with my 2013 Volkswagen Passat. There is know way to bypass the electronic traction control. Every other car I've owned including my 2005 Passat has a button that allow you to bypass the traction control. The Passat is designed to shut the engine down when the tires begin to spin. This may help a novice driver or be helpful in the rain, but when your in the snow or ice and on a hill or incline it is dangerous to have the engine cut off and leave you stopped. It is almost impossible to get traction on a hill or to get any momentum when the car shuts the engine down when the tires spin. This leaves you at a stand still and vulnerable to cars or trucks behind you. The Passat should be designed to bypass the traction control under these circumstances, so you can spin the tires to get momentum, so you can at least move off the roadway. It is necessary to spin the tires under certain circumstances so at least you can move the car to a safe location. I would hate to see someone get hurt because the Passat becomes immobile when the tires spin.

- Hopewell Jct, NY, USA

Jan 012013

Passat 4-cyl Diesel

Our new 2013 tdi Passat, from day one has had the issue of intermittently dragging, pulling crunching noise coasting through a corner in the front left wheel. It varies from a soft tug and crunch noise, to so hard it pulls you into oncoming traffic! it seems to be while maintaining speed or coasting, never while braking. After about 3-4th time into the service department and everything checking out fine, we finally got them to come up and ride with me on our road. (we do live on a mountain road that is a posted 55mph with some 40mph curves) the car did it and the service manager said, "hmmm." He said its their top of the line car and thinks its the stability control system. I asked if it was only in the front left wheel" he said "no." I asked how come it drags and pulls the front left no matter if it's a left or right turn, and is it supposed to do it so hard some times that it pulls you into oncoming traffic" he said "no."he said it sounds like a systems issue because we have known other people that have taken their tdi's in for this exact same issue so it's not just a sensor in this particular car. We called 3 days later to see if they had a resolve and they said the car is "fine and functioning normal, that I took the corner 8 mph too fast and the car did it's job"!! I am concerned for my family's safety as we have stated numerous times and given them every opportunity to address this and yet to no avail. This car does this everyday. It's not normal to say to your spouse that if I'm involved in an accident on our road, especially a head-on, it was the front left wheel that did it. These cars have a safety defect in this system and I want everyone to know. I don't know where to go from here.

- Foresthill, CA, USA