2014 Volkswagen Passat lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Volkswagen Passat:

2014 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Apr 182016

It was around the end of April this year when I was driving to my work when all of a sudden one of my light bulbs shorted out or burned out while I was driving, I drive in the early hours so it's dark and it caught me off guard. So I went to my local Volkswagen dealership to get my parts and I asked at the parts department if there was a recall for this issue and he told me no but it kept happening so I looked up recalls of this issue and their was a recall for the headlights but they were for 2012-2013 Passats so from my experience it keeps happening in my 2014 model as well.first it was around every two weeks that the bulb would burn out at random but in the past two weeks I had to replace the bulb way more often almost every two days. This is my only car and I really can't afford to keep replace a bulb this often. My major concern isn't with the expense of purchasing headlights every 2-3 days but my safety and my children's safety because of me not being able to drive with full vision, it's my only car so I have to drive it.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Jun 202016

The contact owns a 2014 Volkswagen Passat. While driving 50 mph, the warning light illuminated on the instrument panel, indicating that the headlamp was out. The contact replaced the headlight and the warning light illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Lake In The Hill, IL, USA

Aug 012014

The lamp for sidelights front right was defect.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA