2014 Volkswagen Passat seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Volkswagen Passat:

2014 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments (Page 2 of 6)

Feb 102016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Lake Worth, FL, USA

Oct 242016

Passat

Takata recall - recall Feb 2016 over 8 months ago. I live in Florida and understand high humidity makes it more likely. Parts not yet available. What are my options? I lease the vehicle through VW.

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Oct 212016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- West Lake Village, CA, USA

Jul 142014

Passat

Received a letter notifying that there was a recall on my vehicles 2014 passet airbags.

- Lake Worth, FL, USA

Oct 212016

Passat

I still have not received a notice that the parts for the repair are available. Their website states that they don't have a fix yet!!! this should not be taking this long and am worried about driving the vehicle. I have not received a notice from VW about this recall either.

- Ridgeland, MS, USA

Nov 252015

Passat

Takata recall. Still cannot get remedy. Leased car, dealer won't take back on trade in, now going to cost me a fortune when I have to "turn it in" and leave me with no car. Started looking into trade in back on 11/25/15, still cannot trade in or fix almost a year later.

- Fort Myers, FL, USA

Oct 072016

Passat

Clock spring in the steering wheel broke, not covered in the known recall.

- Lawton, MI, USA

Feb 162016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms part not available.

- Slingerlands, NY, USA

Passat

I want my car fixed but VW can not tell me when

- Newark, NY, USA

Oct 082016

Takata recall

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Passat

Takata recall to whom may ir concern: I have a VW Passat 2014 VIN 1vwas7A32ec116335. My vehicle has a takata airbag recall since 02/09/2016, I hace contacted VW dealeshirp several times about this, and I get no good response from them, the only thing they said is parts are not available yet, please call in a few weeks, so it's been a few months and still no response from the dealer. Please see below description of the recall at VW website I am looking for help, I am tired of waiting and there is no response from the manufaturer, I am concern about the safety of the vehicle. Recalls repair not yet available. Driver frontal airbag takata sdi inflators VW action code 69M9 NHTSA recall number 16V078 start date 02-09-2016 description takata has reported that the driver frontal airbag inflator could potentially rupture if the vehicle is involved in a crash where the frontal airbags are designed to deploy. In the event of an inflator rupture, metal fragments could pass through the airbag cushion material, which may result in serious injury or death to vehicle occupants. Remedy replace driver airbag inflator.

- Holly, MI, USA

Oct 052016

Passat

Takata recall - so when will the fix be available" in the meantime, I am driving around with a bomb in my steering wheel? can we have the airbag disconnected until the takata repair is available" no air bag would be better than one that kills the driver.

- Gainesville, FL, USA

Passat

"takata recall". I am driving this vehicle as I do not have extra cars laying around. My son drives this car. It is very scary to me that VW has had no recalls done, why" other models have had some cars repaired. I am unsure of the difficulty with VW and why they have not had their driver's side airbags fixed. There is no timeline only a suggestion to "drive the care impacted less frequently". does VW or takata think everyone just uses a car for extra or fun. If I had that kind of car, a for fun car, it would not be a VW Passat. We bought this car because it was practical and safe. Now I have to worry if my airbag goes off it could kill myself, my husband or my son. I am frustrated that we are told to not drive the car so much and that they can do nothing but by the way... you could be killed. It is stressful that you cannot sell this car to be rid of it because of this recall. What can you do? when will Volkswagen have a fix, why are they not fixing any airbags yet" we were notified in April 2016 and it is six month later with no update nothing.

- Rockford, IL, USA

Feb 012016

Passat

Takata recall....there is a recall on my car driver side air bag...dealership states that car manufacturer has not made parts available...this recall has been since early 2016....no accident yet...if I have one I and my passengers will probably be killed..if they wont fix tjis I want them to buy back this vehicle. Vehicle is hazardous to drive.......

- Calhoun City, MS, USA

Mar 122016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Kilmarnock, VA, USA

Aug 142016

Passat

A recall for the front driver airbag inflator has been recalled on my vehicle. The recall was posted on February of 2016 has the manufacturer has not provided a remedy as of now. Due to this I am not able to obtain a city inspection required for my vehicle which in turn I am not able to work. When I purchased the vehicle the VW dealer told me the recall was fixed prior to me purchasing the vehicle. I am requesting a remedy for this safety issue immediately or the manufacturer to replace my vehicle that is safe for me to drive.

- Carrollton, TX, USA

Sep 302016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags). However, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts unavailable.

- Scogia, NY, USA

Sep 012016

- Muldoon, TX, USA

Sep 212016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Volkswagen Passat. The contact stated that after the vehicle was taken to the dealer, the technician informed that the VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags) however, the part for the repair was unavailable. The contact felt unsafe driving the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Corpis Christi, TX, USA

Sep 292016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Tamarac, FL, USA