2014 Volkswagen Passat seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Volkswagen Passat:

2014 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments (Page 2 of 7)

May 202016

Passat

Takata air bag recall we were informed on May 20, 2016 about the known recall for the takata airbag for our car by our service technician at the Volkswagen dealership. It is November 6, 2016 and we have heard nothing from the manufacturer or the dealership regarding the solution to the problem

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Nov 052016

Passat

Takata recall. !!!!!!! worried about driving the car now and I can't even sell it to get another car. This is depriving me of use of my property. We owners of cars effected deserve much more than replacing parts.

- Norcross, GA, USA

Passat

Takata recall: VW traveling in right most lane of 4 lane city street when vehicle in opposing lane made an illegal left on turn in front of the vehicle to the left of VW. VW impacted turning vehicle in middle of passenger side. Accident report attached. Deployment of driver/steering wheel airbag resulted in sever gash to driver's left hand - photos attached.

- Sioux City, IA, USA

Nov 042016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags). The part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Henryville, PA, USA

Apr 222016

Passat 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.....updated 12/05/16

- Linden, NJ, USA

Nov 032016

Passat

Takata recall - defective air bag inflator still in vehicle 2.5 years after purchase. Puts at risk lives of driver and passengers. Immediate replacement needed.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Oct 252016

Passat

Was not aware of my vehicle VIN recall till I read on news about Volkswagen, then I checked my VIN online and noticed it was due for recall I M shocked that I am unaware and driving unsafe with my family.

- Jamaica, NY, USA

Nov 022016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Monterey, CA, USA

Feb 102016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Apopka, FL, USA

Oct 292016

Passat

Volkswagen did not issue a rental car to me. I have no alternate transportation. I also live in a humid environment where the driver's side airbag is more of a risk.

- Conroe, TX, USA

Feb 092016

Passat

Takata recall - recall was issued in February 2016. It is now October 2016 and VW has not release appropriate solutions to this recall. I am extremely concerned for my safety and I would like VW to issue notices for a proper airbag recall solution in a quick manner. Consumers should not have to wait for an excess of 8 months for a viable solution.

- Tracy, CA, USA

Feb 092016

Passat

Takata recall. I am a very concerned husband of a wife who drives a car affected by the takata inflator recall. Volkswagen ag is taking an unacceptable amount of time fixing the recall of an item that clearly is a life/death risk. I am disgusted by Volkswagen's lack of urgency with the issue. I want to know what my options are as the little consumer who spent hard-earned money to buy from a multi-billion dollar corporation.

- Pasadena, MD, USA

Oct 252016

Passat

Takata recall - the recall was started in Feb/March of 2016, and VW still does not have a solution for me to replace the dangerous airbags. I need my airbags recall completed in a more timely manner.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Feb 102016

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Lake Worth, FL, USA

Oct 242016

Passat

Takata recall - recall Feb 2016 over 8 months ago. I live in Florida and understand high humidity makes it more likely. Parts not yet available. What are my options? I lease the vehicle through VW.

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Passat

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Volkswagen Passat. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- West Lake Village, CA, USA

Jul 142014

Passat

Received a letter notifying that there was a recall on my vehicles 2014 passet airbags.

- Lake Worth, FL, USA

Passat

I still have not received a notice that the parts for the repair are available. Their website states that they don't have a fix yet!!! this should not be taking this long and am worried about driving the vehicle. I have not received a notice from VW about this recall either.

- Ridgeland, MS, USA

Nov 252015

Passat

Takata recall. Still cannot get remedy. Leased car, dealer won't take back on trade in, now going to cost me a fortune when I have to "turn it in" and leave me with no car. Started looking into trade in back on 11/25/15, still cannot trade in or fix almost a year later.

- Fort Myers, FL, USA

Oct 072016

Passat

Clock spring in the steering wheel broke, not covered in the known recall.

- Lawton, MI, USA