2015 Volkswagen Passat engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Volkswagen Passat:

2015 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Jan 192016

On 1/19/16 I experienced a serious issue while driving my 2015 VW Passat. As I was pulling into a parking space after my 12-mile commute to work I applied the brakes. No stopping occurred, in fact I experienced a sudden unintended acceleration. While my foot remained on and continued to press the brake pedal, the engine revved and the car lurched forward. I attempted to put the car in neutral and tried to apply the emergency brake but was unsuccessful in stopping the vehicle. My care came to rest only after hitting the curb and a masonry wall/hand rail. Once the vehicle came to a stop, I put the car in reverse to assess the damage. I assessed the damage to the front end and tried tor reposition the car in the parking space only to have the same event occur again. The following day I called the dealership to report the incident and was instructed to have the vehicle towed in for inspection. A loaner was provided. Twenty-one days later, on 2/8/16 I received a call stating that no manufacturing faults were found and that VW will not agree to repair the damage or discuss any concerns related to lack of confidence in the vehicle. Furthermore, when asked about arbitration, I was informed that my only recourse was calling VW corporate. When my husband called as instructed, we were informed that VW's position was decided based on their lack of manufacturer defects found. Vehicle remains at dealership. No inspection reports were offered, no damage reports or estimates provided.

- Montville, OH, USA

Jan 062016

I was driving on my way to take my children to school when the vehicle started to shake and sputter and it stalled out just before I was going to drive through a busy intersection. I put the car in park and turned it on and it started to sputter as I put it in drive and depressed the gas pedal the car would not move. I turned off the car twice until it started up again and I was able to drive just down the street to a safe place. The car started to shake it started to smell funny. I had the vehicle towed to the dealership where diagnostics were run and test drove however the VW dealership said there was nothing wrong with the car. I do have to add that the batter light came on but everything else on the vehicle dashboard was functioning. This is the 2nd time this has happened and I've only had the vehicle for a year.

- Houston, TX, USA