2015 Volkswagen Passat miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Volkswagen Passat:

2015 Volkswagen Passat Owner Comments

Apr 142016

Rodents are eating wiring in car due to soy plastics. This could result in car becoming nonoperational while driving, which could result in injury or death. The United States code for motor vehicle safety (title 49, chapter 301) defines motor vehicle safety as "the performance of a motor vehicle or motor vehicle equipment in a way that protects the public against unreasonable risk of accidents occurring because of the design, construction, or performance of a motor vehicle, and against unreasonable risk of death or injury in an accident, and includes nonoperational safety of a motor vehicle." A defect includes "any defect in performance, construction, a component, or material of a motor vehicle or motor vehicle equipment." Generally, a safety defect is defined as a problem that exists in a motor vehicle or item of motor vehicle equipment that: Poses an risk to motor vehicle safety and may exist in a group of vehicles of the same design or manufacture may exist in a group of items of equipment of the same type and manufacture. Please stop automakers from using plant based wiring immediately. Automakers are making millions of dollars replacing wiring. Get to work please, fix this problem!

- Aptos, CA, USA

Mar 112015

Backup camera does not come on until you have already backed into the street. You put the car in reverse, back up, and about the time you go to put the transmission in drive, the backup camera comes on. Volkswagen has been telling me for over a year that there is no update for this problem. I bought the sel model specificly for the backup camera and the gps unit.

- Billings, MT, USA

Jan 062016

I was driving on my way to take my children to school when the vehicle started to shake and sputter and it stalled out just before I was going to drive through a busy intersection. I put the car in park and turned it on and it started to sputter as I put it in drive and depressed the gas pedal the car would not move. I turned off the car twice until it started up again and I was able to drive just down the street to a safe place. The car started to shake it started to smell funny. I had the vehicle towed to the dealership where diagnostics were run and test drove however the VW dealership said there was nothing wrong with the car. I do have to add that the batter light came on but everything else on the vehicle dashboard was functioning. This is the 2nd time this has happened and I've only had the vehicle for a year.

- Houston, TX, USA

Dec 282015

12/28/15 I was on the onramp to the 91 freeway going about 15mph headed to work and all of a sudden I hear a boom! naturally I duck thinking what the heck just blew up. I looked up and saw my sunroof shattered. I started thinking did a boulder just fall on me? but being that it was just after the christmas holiday the freeway was pretty much deserted. All I knew was that little shards of glass are now in my scalp and glass is flying out on the freeway. I took my vehicle to the dealership and they said that it wasn't covered by my extended warranty and they had never heard of a sunroof shattering before and that it had to be from a rock or an impact break (whatever that means). They told me to contact my insurance company and file a claim which I now have to come out of pocket with a $500 deductible. After researching this subject I am puzzled as to why there are no recalls on record for this which is clearly a defect but no one wants to take responsibility except 1 manufacturer. I guess vehicle corporations are waiting for a fatality before they accept this as a defect or a class action suit is filed. I would like to know know is going to reimburse me for my insurance deductible.

- Corona, CA, USA

Sep 182015

Takata recall the recall I have on my car is the emission recall from a software that was installed from the factory, I am unable to get what I want because almost nobody will take it, I bought it in August or so and the car was advertised as clean diesel it isn't the car I bought and I want nothing to do with it anymore. Your recall statement states if your car has been recalled, the manufacturer will usually repair it at a local dealership. In rare instances when a manufacturer determines that a problem is too expensive to repair, it may replace the vehicle or refund your purchase price minus an amount to cover depreciation." I feel cheated and that I can't get what I want. I need a truck and can't do anything because it's barely valued at 12,000 dollars and when I bought it the msrp was $28,475. I traded my truck in on the car and some negative equity rolled over. The recall will result in a lose of mpg and power, and it has be trade the name as clean diesel already. I've spoken to VW credit and they can't help me and I called VW group of America and they told me they couldn't do anything as well. VW has given out a care package to every victim, it consist of a 500 dollar card that can only be used at VW and a 500 dollar prepaid visa. This isn't enough to do anything with. I want out of the car and out of VW, I'm irritated that they won't do anything for the 11 million victims and refuse to do anything about the angry customers. September 18th recall was announced and to this day there is still no solution to this problem, and please help me and help the other North Carolina residents that are in the same irritating incident. Thank uou.

- Mt. Pleasant, NC, USA

Oct 312015

On 10-23-2015, VW announced a recall on a series of cars, which included one on their sales lot. On 10-31-2015, perry VW, san luis obispo, ca sold me the vehicle that had the recall, without fixing the recall part. I want to file an official complaint on the deceptive practices of perry VW. I have my sales contract dated 10-31-2015, and your recall number: 15V705 (sintered cam). VW corporate failed to notify their own dealers until Nov 4, 2015. My understanding is that selling an un-repaired recalled vehicle is against federal law.

- Los Osos, CA, USA

Sep 152015

On the 2015 VW Passat tdi the horn will not function if the key isn't in the ignition. Therefore, if a woman or child is in distress and need to alert someone for help that person can not do so in the most efficient manner which would be to blow the horn to alert the public or law enforcement of an incident. Example: If a kid gets locked in a car they cant blow the horn to notify someone. Example: If a women is being attacked or threatened of a attack and drop her keys or is struggling with someone in her car she can't solicit help.

- North Miami, FL, USA

Apr 242015

I have personally inspected many 2015 Volkswagen Passat's and found an issue pertaining to the alarm system. When the vehicles alarm is set off, there is a split second way to bypass this and aid motor vehicle theft as well as theft of personal items in the vehicle. When the alarm has been sounded, an individual can depress the flasher button in the center of the dash and press it once more to shut the emergency flashers off, this will bypass and deactivate the vehicles factory alarm system, thus opening the vehicle up to a higher potential of theft. With no alarm sounded, an individual will have a vast amount of time to either steal the motor vehicle, steal person possessions, or motor vehicle parts. I am in the new england area and unsure if any other areas or models are affected.

- Boston , MA, USA