2009 Volkswagen Rabbit electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Volkswagen Rabbit:

2009 Volkswagen Rabbit Owner Comments

Aug 272016

Driving into a curve, my ABS brake module failed, turning off my traction control, ABS disabling my power steering. As I was trying to come out of the curve, the steering failed to respond temporarily. I almost T-boned another vehicle, scaring that driver to death...I was able to pull the car out of the turn, over correcting almost putting it in a a ditch... this is a known issue.

- Hephzibah, GA, USA

Jun 202016

The ABS brake warning light came on....followed by steering light, engine light speedometer failing, gas warning light on, now my car will not start and the key is stuck to the ignition. My power windows not working properly....all started from the ABS brake warning light

- Granada Hills, CA, USA

Jan 202016

While driving around town using the heated seats the passenger seat caught on fire. The cabin filled up with thick smoke and we could not breath. We had to stop the car in the middle of the road. My wife jumped out of the car and we put out the fire. This is a known VW problem that had a full recall in Canada. Astonishingly, there seems to be no mention of this problem on the NHTSA web site. The local VW dealer denied all knowledge of any heated seats catching fire but they instantly gave me a $755 quote to fix the problem with a firm estimate of four hours to replace the electrical elements in the seat. Although the VW dealer had no knowledge of this type of problem they seem to have intimate knowledge of exactly how to repair the seat. Very curious indeed......

- Forked River, NJ, USA

Aug 262015

While driving at a normal speed of 45mph, the car began to shake slightly. All of the instrument panel lights flashed on, and the fuel gauge along with the speedometer began to fail. As a result, the car needed to be pulled over and stopped in order to prevent a serious accident from occurring.

- Oxnard, CA, USA