2009 Volkswagen Rabbit steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Volkswagen Rabbit:

2009 Volkswagen Rabbit Owner Comments

Aug 272016

Driving into a curve, my ABS brake module failed, turning off my traction control, ABS disabling my power steering. As I was trying to come out of the curve, the steering failed to respond temporarily. I almost T-boned another vehicle, scaring that driver to death...I was able to pull the car out of the turn, over correcting almost putting it in a a ditch... this is a known issue.

- Hephzibah, GA, USA

Jan 022016

My car has been running fine since purchase and I have had all the necessary maintenance done to prevent issues. Last week while driving on a major highway my cars steering wheel locked as well as stalled almost causing a major accident. When I looked it up it seems that this vehicle has been issue with campaign number: 10V621000. Albeit this is not the same issue but my vehicle has experienced fuel leakage at the same time and I have reason to believe that they are interrelated. Beyond that, there have been several complaints about the same issue on many VW forums. This is a major issue and a huge safety problem. Could you imagine the lives that could have perished if I had not handled that situation effectively. I am now told that I need to replace this part for $2000 where I truly believe Volkswagen should be held liable. This company has shady business practices and I would not be surprised if this issue is due to a defective part. My car was bought in 2009 and has 76,000 miles on it.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA