2009 Volkswagen Routan fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Volkswagen Routan:

2009 Volkswagen Routan Owner Comments

May 132015

I driving last month 47 mph and my driving sliding door open and my 8 years girls was dear and she scare when the door open when I driving, , and when I stop the door not want to close automatic..that scare me and my wife... the other concern is my transmision hard shiffting, hard shiffting, I ready take like 5,6 time my van to check my transmission and my sliding door and the say is normal, and my sliding door not found anytime, they say the sliding door recall was done ready, , the other big concern is the gas mileage, only 11 or 12 gallon for miles they did a lot test and not found nothing, ,is poss to 16 mph for gallon and never have that, ,.... thanks.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Feb 052013

Routan 6-cyl

While driving at various speed the car suddenly shuts off and loses power steering. This has occurred 4 times now and is extremely dangerous. Car can only be restarted when at a complete stop and placed back in park.

- Cary, NC, USA

Oct 072012

Routan 6-cyl

10/7/12: Entering onto road, began acceleration up to 20/25 mph -then all power, controls dead. Lost power steering and coasted into parking lot. Shut car down, flooded/pumped accelerator pedal. Difficulty starting but worked, drove like normal, again. 10/14/12: Turning from sidestreet, on to main street -going 20 mph. Lost all power again-manually turned coasted car into left middle turning lane. Re-started, operated normal.

- Troy, MI, USA