2010 Volkswagen Routan body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Volkswagen Routan:

2010 Volkswagen Routan Owner Comments

Jun 152014

Routan

Automatic sliding door did not lock in open position. Instead, it opened almost all the way and then immediately began closing again. I was already reaching into the van at that point and had to move out of the way quickly after applying pressure to the door to keep it from closing on me didn't work. This has happened on 3 other occasions. Vehicle was seen by a VW dealership under warranty. They could not replicate the issue but stated it was a known glitch. It took a lot of force from me as an adult to try to stop the door from closing. We have 3 children that ride regularly in our van. "known glitch" is not acceptable.

- Saint Peters, MO, USA

Jun 072012

Routan 6-cyl

Bought the van in February 2012 since then it has been in the shop 11 times for transmission, rotors, and my passenger sliding doors they open automatically. Now its leaking antifreeze and we bought extended warranty and this part the plastic Y part that contexts two hoses they say isn't covered and wants us to pay 450$ to do it..the van has 38,035 miles we bought it with 18,563 miles how can this vehicle have this many problems? my power doors I believe if they open when your pumping gas isn't right.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Nov 212013

Routan

While my 3 year old was entering the vehicle through the side sliding door, she pressed the button to close the door. While the door was closing, she slipped getting her ankle/foot trapped between the door jam and door but over the bracket attaching the front of the door. The door continued to close until it jammed, she fell outside the vehicle while still being trapped. We had to push on the door to try to slowly open it to attempt to free her. After picking her up and reaching under the door to move her foot we were able to free her. The entire time we were trying to free my daughter the door kept making a clicking noise.

- Tacoma, WA, USA

May 012011

Routan

Power rear sliding doors open and then close when you open them with the key fob, handle, or inside swtich. When this happens the safety feature does not work.

- West Henrietta, NY, USA