2011 Volkswagen Tiguan brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Volkswagen Tiguan:

2011 Volkswagen Tiguan Owner Comments

Jul 032016

My Tiguan only running 50K miles broke down in the middle of the highway. The engine light went on and the car stopped accelerating. When I towed it to the mechanic, I was told the timing chain tensioner and crankshaft sensor were bad. The timing chain tensioner defect caused complete engine failure. I now do not have an engine. After looking into this issue and talking to some lawyers all over the us, it seems like many people with VW Tiguans (2.0L engines) have this issue and there are a few class action law suits in the us regarding this matter. I spoke to VW of America and they said there was no recall issued, although they are aware of this defect. VW dealership now tells me the estimated cost to repair the engine and timing chain tensioner is around $10,000. If the timing chain tensioner was not defective, my engine would have never failed. I showed them proof of oil changes over the last 3 years in which were all done in a timely manner. I am now fighting with VW of America about this issue. There should be a recall on these vehicles. My car immediately broke down on the highway and I was very lucky that no one crashed into me. This is a very dangerous problem.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA