9.6

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Volkswagen Tiguan:

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan Owner Comments

May 082016

Tiguan

I was one the high way 1, and I drove about 10 minutes. All of a sudden, my car shut off while driving. The battery light came on and car died. The wheel was even locked. Basically, I was stocked on the highway! then, I restarted my car on the high way 1, and it worked again. The dealer can not find any issue, and the same issues happened to me twice with two months. Now, I have to report this in order to protect myself.

- Sand City, CA, USA

Jan 052013

Tiguan 4-cyl

There are 2 separate incidents. First incident approx. Nov. 26. proceeding up a steep hill when the car suddenly decelerated. Pressing on gas pedal did not result in increased speed. Needed to shift to manual transmission mode to regain control of the car. Second incident on Dec. 27. proceeding down a steep hill at approx. 45 mph. Posted speed limit is 45mph. Pavement is dry, visibility is miles. Sky is overcast. While driving down the hill the vehicle suddenly went into deceleration from 45 to ~ 30mph. Pressing on the gas pedal did not result in speed increase. Needed to shift car into manual transmission mode to gain control of the car back. Third incident on Jan. 5. proceeding on city street at less than posted speed limit. Suddenly car has no power. All electrical is off. Must move car to side of road. After getting the car out of traffic and stopped, was able to restart. All above incidents are reported to VW and car is in for service. VW reports no issues with the car.

- Belmont, CA, USA