8.0

2004 Volkswagen Touareg accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Volkswagen Touareg:

2004 Volkswagen Touareg Owner Comments

May 062014

Touareg AWD 3.2L V6

Hello, at first the right rear passenger door would not open from the inside, had to bump the door from the outside to open ( and yes the doors were unlocked). A few weeks later the same problem with the left rear door. A week later the exterior door handle on the left rear would stay pulled open as if it was being held open. I would have to push the door handle back in manually. Several weeks later the driver door would not open when you would press the unlock button at first. I would have to bump the door from the inside and then it will open. A few weeks later I took it in to the dealership to have them checked out $99.00 for diagnostic. Quote for the repairs were over $1700.00 including labor.

Checked online for the parts needed to repair the latches and handles myself. parts were not expensive for driver door so I bought parts and repaired myself. Parts for driver side door were under $75.00 and 4 hours of labor.

To be continued.....

Update from Dec 20, 2014: So I replaced the driver door parts except the release line and it worked for about a week and back to the same problem but now I have to open the window and from the inside of the Treg tug on the door hard and then it will open. If I ever have an accident or emergency I'm SOL.

- , Sunrise, FL, USA