2004 Volkswagen Touareg accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Volkswagen Touareg:

2004 Volkswagen Touareg Owner Comments

Aug 072005

Touareg 6-cyl

I am having trouble with my VW Touareg V6. Since then I have had numerous visits to the dealer for failures in design. Footlight would not shut off when the car was off due to trunk door latch being broken at time of purchase. Tires were wearing faster than normal and the alignment was bad. I was given new tires, however, when I asked if this could happen again, I was told yes and they were unsure what VW would do in the future. Tire pressure light goes on and off at any time. I was told this was a malfunction that happens when you have numerous computer options. It came on after a tire rotation and oil change and the dealer said "don't worry, it will reset itself and go off".radio has mysteriously stopped working for 24 hours at a time. Car has actually been dead on two occasions and has left me stranded. I was told by the dealer that the battery in the Touareg can't support the car and the computer modules. I was told there was nothing that could be done about this as the battery was fully charged. I was told this was a mistake by VW and I would have to live with it. I was also told to not drive in the city as this makes the problem much worse. I was told that they aren't sure how that happened, but simply resetting the car made it return. Cd player would not work, car was "reset". I find this car to be the biggest joke ever made. I unfortunately am over the mileage for the lemon law in Maine (I have 27,000miles on the car). I really think things are getting worse in my car the longer I have the thing. My biggest concern with the car is that there is a possibility it could stop working at any moment. I feel I should not have to carry a self jumping system in a practically brand new $34,000 car. I was also told by my dealership when I stated I was thinking of selling the car, that they didn't blame me as they had heard a lot of people say that about the Touareg. Yeah, I feel really safe with this car. I think it is time someone do something about this car and VW.

- Durham, ME, USA