8.8

2006 Volkswagen Touareg electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Volkswagen Touareg:

2006 Volkswagen Touareg Owner Comments

Aug 022006

Touareg 6-cyl

I have a 2006 VW Touareg only a month old with 2,700 miles. I was not operating the vehicle at the time which was a good thing. I left work started my Touareg and is shut off right away and would not start and the key was locked in the ignition. I had to be towed to my local dealer. It was in the shop for two weeks and there was a faulty control module. It was repaired but who knows how long it will last. From my research it appears this exact situation has occurred in the 2004 model year also which was their first year of production. It could have been deadly if this module fialed while driving because I would have had no control of the vehicle. It's terrible to see there has not been a correction since the 2004 model year to address this issue. The Touareg has hand many problems since its release in 2004.

- Castaic, CA, USA