2006 Volkswagen Touareg engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Volkswagen Touareg:

2006 Volkswagen Touareg Owner Comments

Aug 032012

Upon driving the vehicle on the night in question, out of nowhere, a light came on and said coolant overheated. I was driving on the dallas tollway, and pulled over immediately, and the vehicle shut down completely. I called a tow truck, and had the vehicle towed, and was told maybe the battery was bad. I purchased a new battery the next day, but the vehicle still would not start. I then had it towed to the dealer, and was told that I needed a new engine. I couldn't understand how an engine could go out at less than 60,000 miles. I've been fighting with VW to have the problem resolved, but they have refused to do so. They've had my vehicle for 2 months now, and the problem still hasn't been resolved. I plan to pursue litigation.

- Frisco, TX, USA