4.9

2008 Volkswagen Touareg wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Volkswagen Touareg:

2008 Volkswagen Touareg Owner Comments

Jul 152009

Touareg

I have a 2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 which was purchased new with pirelli tires. At approximately 12,000 miles, I noticed a vibration in the steering and took my car in to the dealer. The dealer found nothing wrong at that time. The car started to pull to the right at about 20,000 miles and again I took the car to the dealer. The dealer would not align the tires because they said that there were too many highs and lows in the tires although I had done everything required by the dealer. I called pirelli who said that the tires should be rotated every three to four thousand miles but VW says that they only rotate at 10,000. After filing a complaint with VW the dealer offered two new tires but I had to pay for the other two. Not a satisfactory solution as the dealer would not give me the two tires without my personal purchase of two more. The dealer claimed they didn't know that the pirelli suggested rotating at 3,000 miles.

- Downers Grove, IL, USA