2.0

2009 Volkswagen Touareg fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Volkswagen Touareg:

2009 Volkswagen Touareg Owner Comments

Nov 082014

Touareg

As I was driving, the vehicle suddenly flashed a system malfunction on the dash and stated service needed to be performed immediately. As I was pulling over to side, the vehicle instantly stalled out and turned off. My steering was compromised and I had no ability to turn the vehicle back on or move the shifter into neutral to get out of traffic. I towed the vehicle to the dealer who after inspection did not immediately know the reason. They reached out to VW of America who confirmed with them an entire fuel system replacement was in order as a result of a failed fuel pump. This would have been a much more dangerous situation if I was on a major highway or going at a faster speed. The fact that it was daylight out and on a straight flat road greatly assisted me in staying safe. If this had occurred on a busy intersection or high speed roads or curves the outcome could have been much different.

- Waynesboro, VA, USA

Sep 142014

Touareg

My vehicle's engine stumbled (mis-fired), then the engine line came on and as I coasted to the side of the road the engine shut off. The vehicle would turn over but not start. I then had it towed to the dealer. The dealer told me that the entire fuel system needs to be replaced. I understand that there is an existing nthsa issue open on Volkswagen diesels. My vehicle is a 2009 Volkswagen Touareg tdi (turbo diesel injection).

- Trussville, AL, USA